From 1942 to 1967, there were only 6 teams in the NHL and they went by the name, “Original Six”. Those six teams, were the Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, Boston Bruins, New York Rangers, Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks, and are still in the league today.
The National Hockey League is one of the four major sports leagues in North America along with the NBA, MLB and NFL. The league is made up of 30 teams, 23 in the U.S. and 7 in Canada and is divided into the Eastern and Western Conference. Those two leagues are then separated into three more divisions. In the Eastern Conference, the divisions are the Atlantic Division, Northeast Division and Southeast Division. For the Western Conference there is the Central Division, Northwest Division and Pacific Division.
The mid-season break, also known as the NHL All Star Game, is an opportunity for the hockey fan to see their favorite players in one place. These tickets are highly sought after and the game sells out each and every year.
At the end of each the NHL Playoffs take place which represents the best pro hockey teams in North America. Teams making their way through the playoffs have one goal in mind and that is to be the last two teams standing. Those teams play in the finals, otherwise known as the Stanley Cup! These games are some of the most exciting games in pro hockey and fans rush to buy tickets to witness the action in person! Find your seats for the NHL regular-season, NHL Playoffs, or Stanley Cup tickets today at CapitalCityTickets.com.
NHL Preseason Venues
- NHL Preseason PPL Center
- NHL Preseason KeyBank Center
- NHL Preseason Scotiabank Saddledome
- NHL Preseason Centre Bell
- NHL Preseason Bridgestone Arena
- NHL Preseason Madison Square Garden
- NHL Preseason Wells Fargo Center – PA
- NHL Preseason PPG Paints Arena
- NHL Preseason Centre Videotron
- NHL Preseason Xcel Energy Center
- NHL Preseason SAP Center
- NHL Preseason Ricoh Coliseum
- NHL Preseason Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
- NHL Preseason Pegula Ice Arena At Penn State